(1) ONTARIO IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (OINP)
Ontario is Canada's the most popular and the most opted destination for immigrants from all around the world. Being Canada’s most populous province, nearly 40 percent of Canadians reside in Ontario. Ontario is also home to both the Canada’s capital city, Ottawa and its largest city, Toronto. Ontario is the leading destination for newcomers to Canada as it welcomes one third of all newcomers each year.
The following category is associated with the Express Entry
Human Capital Priorities Stream: for skilled workers who have active Express Entry profile or an EOI profile comes under selected occupations.
(2) ALBERTA ADVANTAGE IMMIGRATION PROGRAM (AAIP)
If you wish to immigrate to the Alberta province, you have eight options to choose from two major categories and the following is associated with the Express Entry
● Alberta General Express Entry Stream for candidates already in the Express Entry (EE) system who have a CRS score of at least 300, and also who are currently working in an eligible occupation.
(3) PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM (PEI PNP)
Prince Edward Island (PEI) is Canada’s smallest province, also considered as "the birthplace of Canada". The famous, historical "Charlottetown conference" which led to the country’s formation took place in PEI in 1864. The PEI is currently home to a economy primarily centred around agriculture, tourism, and fishing.
With the introduction of the PNP, the province is welcoming an increasing number of immigrants as seen in the past years. PEI PNP has one enhanced category which is the PEI PNP Express Entry category. It also has two base categories: the Labour Impact and Business Impact categories.
● PEI PNP Express Entry; for the candidates having a valid Express Entry profile, who wish to live and work in the Prince Edward Island, and also have adequate skills that match the labour market needs in the province.
(4) SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (SINP)
Saskatchewan is one of the Prairie provinces of Canada, in its western part, and is home to one of the country’s most rapidly growing economies, which is primarily based on agriculture and other natural resources industries like forestry and fishing. The province used to welcome between 3,000 and 4,000 newcomers per year and currently it has grown up to 15,000.
Saskatchewan has one enhanced sub-category and many base sub-categories. The enhanced sub-category is called the Saskatchewan Express Entry, and it is under the International Skilled Worker Category.
● The International Skilled Worker Category: for skilled workers who wish to live and work in Saskatchewan.
(5) BRITISH COLUMBIA PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM (BC PNP)
British Columbia is Canada's cultural hub and also one of the most diverse provinces in Canada. British Columbia’s economy primarily focuses on a strong natural resources sector, with an emphasis on the areas of forestry and mining.
● The Express Entry British Columbia Stream: you must have an IRCC Express Entry Profile Number and a Job Seeker Validation Code and meet the eligibility criteria for one of the federal economic immigration programs.
(6) NEW BRUNSWICK PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM (NB PNP)
New Brunswick is Canada’s only officially bilingual province in with about 30 percent of the population speaking French as their first language. Through the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP), immigrants with the skills and experience required by the province can acquire a New Brunswick provincial nomination certificate, with which they may be able to apply for the Canadian permanent residence. The NBPNP accepts applications under the following immigration categories:
● Express Entry Stream: connects to the federal Express Entry system and will increase your chance of being issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency from IRCC
(7) NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM (NLPNP)
Newfoundland and Labrador is one of the Canada’s easternmost provinces and has grown into Canada's important economic force. The province consists of Labrador, which is connected to the mainland, and the island of Newfoundland. The NLPNP primarily attracts many skilled workers, entrepreneurs and international graduates from all over the world who have the skills, experience and education required by the Atlantic province.
The Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker: is for skilled workers who have a job offer and also have an Express Entry profile.
(8) NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM (NSNP)
Nova Scotia is a province comprising the Nova Scotia peninsula, Cape Breton Island, and over 3,000 smaller islands. Through this programme, prospective immigrants with the adequate skills and experience focused by the province may receive a Nova Scotia Provincial Nomination Certificate.
● Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry : selects highly skilled individuals who wish to live in Nova Scotia permanently. Applicants must have at least one year of experience working in Nova Scotia in an occupation at TEER category 0, 1, 2, or 3 of the National Occupational Classification.
(9) MANITOBA PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM (MPNP)
As it is basically a small province with few newcomers, it needed the PNP in order to promote itself as a desirable destination to skilled immigrants. Immigration has played a major role in Manitoba's population, labour force, and its economic growth.
● Skilled Worker Overseas Stream; for qualified skilled workers who have a strong connection with the province despite being outside. A skilled worker who is already in Canada may also be eligible for this category.
(10) NORTHWEST TERRITORIES NOMINEE PROGRAM (NTNP)
The Northwest Territories Provincial Nominee Program (NTNP) seeks eligible immigrants with the skills and experience wanted by the Northwest Territories and they are likely to receive a Provincial Nomination Certificate, which will allow them to apply for the Canadian Permanent Residence.
The NTNP accepts applications mainly under two programs and among them has distinct streams through which aspirants can apply:
(i) Northwest Territories Employer Driven Program:
● Express Entry System for Skilled Workers: This scheme can nominate Express Entry candidates who meet all the eligibility criteria for the NTSW stream. Foreign nationals who have already been accepted into the federal Express Entry pool will be able to apply to this stream.
(ii)Northwest Territories Business Immigration Program:
● Northwest Territories — Express Entry Stream
(11) YUKON NOMINEE PROGRAM (YNP)
Yukon province is home to approximately 30,000 people, with its economy composed primarily of mining and tourism.
Immigration aspirants with the skills and experience sought by the province are likely to get a provincial nomination through the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP) which has been in operation since its first inception in 2002.
The YNP targets primarily the skilled workers and entrepreneurs who have adequate work experience and the required education.
As of the PNP, Yukon has one enhanced stream called Yukon Express Entry.
● Yukon Express Entry (YEE); for foreign skilled workers who have a valid job offer for permanent, full-time work in Yukon to fill in the existing job vacancies.
The Provincial Nominee Program could be your best pathway for Canadian Immigration and Permanent Residence. Contact Godspeed to get in touch with all the information and updates on PNPs and what best suits you.